JAMES O. van BAVEL M.D.
- Hamilton College, BA
- Jefferson Medical College, MD
- Psychiatric Residency, Connecticut Valley Hospital
- Post-Graduate Fellowship, Yale University
- Board Certified, Psychiatry
- Previous Academic Appointments at Yale University, The University of Massachusetts, Tufts University, and the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS)
Dr. van Bavel brings a broad background of psychiatric experiences to private practice. Most recently, he worked as a contract physician at Ft. Eustis’s outpatient mental health clinic. He also served for a number of years as an outpatient and consultation-laison psychiatrist at the Hampton VA Medical Center. Prior to this, he was Chief of Psychiatric Inpatient Services at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA.
Dr. van Bavel works with adults, providing medication evaluation and management. His special interests include the treatment of affective disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).